JASCO CLASSIC TACKBOARDS
Mineral Fiber Substrate
PART 3 - EXECUTION
- Examine substrates with Installer present for compliance with
requirements for installation tolerances and other conditions
affecting performance of fabric covered tackboard panels. Do not
proceed with installation until unsatisfactory conditions have been
- Install fabric covered tackboard panels in locations indicated
with vertical surfaces and edges plumb. Top edges level and in
alignment with other panels, scribed to fit adjoining work
accurately at borders and at penetrations.
- Installation of Fabric Covered Tackboard Panels:
- Apply adhesive to walls and panels or in accordance with
adhesive manufacturer's specs.
- Set fabric covered tackboard on wall and secure with 6D finish
nails to hold in place until adhesive cures.
- Set nails below surface of fabric.
- Stretch fabric to remove any wrinkles.
3.2 CLEANING AND PROTECTION
- Clean panels upon completion of installation to remove dust or
foreign materials from the fabric, using a dry brush, a vacuum, or
- Maintain conditions in a manner acceptable to the Manufacturer and
Installer that ensures that the fabric covered tackboard panels are
without damage or deterioration at the time of substantial
- Replace panels that cannot be cleaned and repaired, in a manner
acceptable to the Architect, prior to the time of substantial